Missions The following are the Missions supported by Deerfield Presbyterian Church. Please visit their websites to learn more about their ministry. Find out about upcoming events and discover their needs so that you can pray for them.
• Bridgeton Christian School: Bridgeton, NJ (www.bridgetonchristian.org)
Bridgeton Christian School serves children from pre-school through eighth grade, and is dedicated to excellence in education, recognizing the authority of Scripture in all areas of life while preparing students to serve Jesus Christ and their fellow man.
An annual open house will be held at the school Tuesday to Thursday, March 14-17. The open house will feature a pastors’ breakfast as well as special events and visitation days for prospective families, parents and grandparents.
• Chosen People Ministries: www.chosenpeople.com/ Chosen People Ministries exists to pray for, evangelize, disciple, and serve Jewish people everywhere and to help fellow believers do the same. The mission was founded in Brooklyn, New York in 1894 by Rabbi Leopold Cohn, a Hungarian Jewish immigrant with a zeal to share the knowledge of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah with God’s chosen people. Today, Chosen People Ministries serves in sixteen countries across the globe. Their outreach programs include evangelism and discipleship, Messianic Centers and congregations, equipping the local church for Jewish evangelism, print and web publications, and benevolence work.
• Cornerstone Women’s Resource Center: Salem & Cumberland Counties, NJ (www.cornerstonewrc.org)
Cornerstone Women’s Resource Centers is a nonprofit agency committed to providing individualized, accurate and relevant support and information about pregnancy, sexual health and healthy relationships. They offer free pregnancy testing and first trimester ultrasound scans.
• CrossWorld Brazil (www.crossworld.org)
Since 1990 Donna and Eric Shrift have been part of God’s work in northern Brazil among the Amerindian people. In addition to indigenous church leadership training, their ministry includes radio transmission with a weekly broadcast for Machushi language programs including Bible lessons, evangelistic challenges, and native language music.
• Christ Bible Institute (Michael Oh) (www.cbijapan.org) For more than ten years we have been supporting the growth of the Word of God in Japan through Fonts( Friends of Nagoya Theology). Starting in 2005 with 5 full time students they continue to grow through prayers and donations This year we were part of the LoveJapan Conference where more than 1800 heard the word of God in three cities in Japan. Young people of Japan learn of The Lord as they visit The Heart And Soul Cafe in the basement of the Christ Bible Institute where they also learn English. We were invited to a prayer session in Philadelphia to watch the raising of a cross on the roof of the CBI building in Nagoya
Joy to the World
• Handi*Vangelism (www.hvmi.org)
Handi*Vangelism Ministries International is a Ministry of Compassion that exists to share the love of the Lord Jesus Christ and to equip the church to share His love with people around the world who have disabilities, medical or mental health challenges or broken hearts so that they may become growing and serving members of the body of Christ.
• People International (Platts) (www.gopeople.org) People International strive to unveil God’s glory to central Asian Muslims by establishing and enabling His church. They are committed to working together in one spirit and relating to one another in an ethos of grace, humility and love.
• PersianWorldOutreach (www.persianwo.org)
Persian World Outreach is an indigenous mission that is reaching out to meet the physical and spiritual needs of Persian-speaking people (Afghans, Iranians & Tajik) worldwide through Leadership Training, Mobilizing & Equipping Workers, Persian Church Planting, Persian Christian Resource Development & Distribution, Humanitarian Relief, Networking & Partnering Current Activities: Northern NJ & NYC: Monthly Bible Study with Iranian and Tajik Christians; Baltimore, MD: Outreach activities with Persian Speakers near Towson University; Vienna, VA: Leadership training & discipleship at the Afghan, Iranian and Tajik Fellowship in VA each Sunday; Weekly Farsi Bible studies held online (Skype): participants are from Northern NJ, VA, CA, and Brazil; Persian Resource Distribution: last year PWO distributed Persian Bibles, New Testaments, Scripture portions, books, Booklets, CDs and DVDs to Persian speaking Seekers, Christians, Churches and Ministries in 15 States and 10 countries.
• Woodland Ave. Presbyterian Church, Camden, NJ (www.woodlandcdc.org) Woodland Community Development Corporation (WCDC ) based at Woodland Ave. Presbyterian Church, is a faith-based non-profit organization that offers opportunities for worship and other services to low-income Camden City residents in an effort to improve their social and economic conditions. WCDC provides educational, employment & neighborhood development programs designed to give youth & families the support they need to be successful.
• Outreach Foundation, Africa (www.theoutreachfoundation.org Outreach Foundation sends and supports missionaries to different places in Africa to care for vulnerable children and transform lives through mission involvement including church building and clean water programs. Located in Maasai Land near Narok, a Presbyterian Church was constructed by the Outreach Foundation in 2012. The area is extremely arid, with the closest water source, a river, 12.5 miles away. Through our Christmas Eve offering, Deerfield Presbyterian raised enough money to complete a water catchment system for the church and one for Grace Girls’ Christian School, not far from the Tanzania border.